Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 6, 2009
Reidland-Farley Fire Chief Defends Dept Reorganization
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Reidland-Farley Fire Chief Richard Tapp is defending his decision to drastically reorganize the department. Earlier this week, he eliminated the Assistant Chief position and either demoted or reassigned several other longtime firefighters. Tapp says he made the decision because they had not received federally required training necessary for the department to be eligible for federal grant money it has already collected. WPSD reports Tapp claims he offered the veteran firefighters several opportunities to receive the necessary training months before the restructuring. He says he'll consider reinstating them to their former positions if they receive the necessary training within the next two months.