Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri November 13, 2009
Reidland-Farley Fire Board Mediates Changes
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The board governing McCracken County's Reidland-Farley Fire District voted to approve the recent organizational changes brought about by Chief Richard Tapp. He recently restructured the department, removing some veteran firefighters from leadership positions because they had not taken federally mandated training courses, a requirement to accept federal grant money. WPSD reports Tapp recently applied for a $900,000 federal grant to buy a ladder truck. The board addressed the grant application, suggesting to withdraw it because even with the hefty funds, the department would still own some $45,000. Tapp is expected to withdraw the request today and seek authorization from the board before applying for future grants.