Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri May 15, 2009
Region's Dealerships Lose Chrysler Brand
By Carrie Pond
Cairo, IL – Three dealerships in our area are among the 800 losing the Chrysler brand next month. Gutterman Motors in Cairo, Illinois is on the chopping block. Co-owner John Gutterman says despite the loss, the dealership will remain open because it also sells other car brands. He has more than 400 thousand dollars in Chrysler cars and parts remaining, but says he expects to be able to transfer most unsold vehicles to other dealerships. However, Gutterman says they may have to absorb the cost of unsold parts and reduce employee hours as a result. Dealerships in Cape Girardeau, Missouri and Milan, Tennessee will also lose the Chrysler brand. The corporation says the closures are necessary because too many U-S dealerships are competing with one another.