Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue April 9, 2013
Redhawks And Salukis Hope To Play Football At Busch Stadium
Busch Stadium in St. Louis may be filled with chants for the Redhawks and Salukis this fall. Southeast Missouri State University and Southern Illinois University hope to play the first football game ever at the new stadium.
The universities are still finalizing plans to play a football game in St. Louis on September 21.
Both Southeast and SIU have large alum populations in St. Louis. Southeast athletic director Mark Alnutt says that’s what makes SIU a good opponent at Busch Stadium.
“They have the most alums in term of any team we have on our schedule for the next couple years.” said Alnutt. “That includes Eastern Illinois, which would be the school after that. So from a proximity standpoint and a distance standpoint, it just made sense to be able to hold a game that would draw mutual interest from both the universities at that venue.”
Alnutt expects between 15,000 to 25,000 fans to show up for the game, which he thinks will be a good recruitment tool for the schools.
The plan should be finalized within the next two weeks.