Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon January 14, 2013
Records Show DCS Lagged in Child Death Reviews
Records from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services show the agency fell behind in reviewing child deaths and ignored its own policies.
The department gave the information The Tennessean late last week. The newspaper is among a number of news organizations suing the D-C-S to obtain other records the agency refuses to release. The organizations argue the public needs information that would reveal how the state handled cases where children the agency investigated died or nearly died.