Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon January 14, 2013
Records Show DCS Lagged in Child Death Reviews
Records from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services show the agency fell behind in reviewing child deaths and ignored its own policies.
The department gave the information The Tennessean late last week. The newspaper is among a number of news organizations suing the D-C-S to obtain other records the agency refuses to release. The organizations argue the public needs information that would reveal how the state handled cases where children the agency investigated died or nearly died.