Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon January 14, 2013
Records Show DCS Lagged in Child Death Reviews
Records from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services show the agency fell behind in reviewing child deaths and ignored its own policies.
The department gave the information The Tennessean late last week. The newspaper is among a number of news organizations suing the D-C-S to obtain other records the agency refuses to release. The organizations argue the public needs information that would reveal how the state handled cases where children the agency investigated died or nearly died.