Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon January 14, 2013
Records Show DCS Lagged in Child Death Reviews
Records from the Tennessee Department of Children's Services show the agency fell behind in reviewing child deaths and ignored its own policies.
The department gave the information The Tennessean late last week. The newspaper is among a number of news organizations suing the D-C-S to obtain other records the agency refuses to release. The organizations argue the public needs information that would reveal how the state handled cases where children the agency investigated died or nearly died.