Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 2, 2012
Record Temperatures in Paducah
Sunday marked the 4th consecutive day of record-setting triple digit highs in Paducah. The 105 degree mark easily topped the July 1st record of 100 degrees set in 1941.
Saturday’s 106 reading tied a 1952 record, and Friday’s 108 matched the highest temperature ever recorded in the city, equaled only once before in 1952. Thursday started the string of record hot days with a 105 reading, also tying a mark set in 1952. Oddly enough, the hot week also included a record low temperature, when the mercury dipped to 54 degrees Wednesday morning. The West Kentucky Star reports across the country, over 1000 record highs have been set in the past week.