Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon July 2, 2012
Record Temperatures in Paducah
Sunday marked the 4th consecutive day of record-setting triple digit highs in Paducah. The 105 degree mark easily topped the July 1st record of 100 degrees set in 1941.
Saturday’s 106 reading tied a 1952 record, and Friday’s 108 matched the highest temperature ever recorded in the city, equaled only once before in 1952. Thursday started the string of record hot days with a 105 reading, also tying a mark set in 1952. Oddly enough, the hot week also included a record low temperature, when the mercury dipped to 54 degrees Wednesday morning. The West Kentucky Star reports across the country, over 1000 record highs have been set in the past week.