Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 1, 2014
Record Number of Kentuckians Register to Vote
A record number of Kentuckians have registered to vote in advance of the May 20 primary.
The Kentucky Secretary of State’s Office reports that over 3.1 million Kentuckians are registered, reflecting an increase of more than 68,000 new voters over the last year and a half.
Democrats retain their historical edge in the state, representing nearly 54 percent of registered voters. Republicans come in just below 40 percent.