Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu November 11, 2010
Recanvassing the 6th District
By Tony McVeigh
Lexington, KY – Numerous county clerks across Kentucky tomorrow will be rechecking vote totals from last Tuesday's election. Losing candidates in a congressional race, three legislative races and three judicial races want the vote totals re-examined for accuracy. Les Fugate says the tallies should come in fairly quickly.
"All we will do is tabulate everything together from each county and then make those results available. Those results will eventually go to the State Board of Elections to be certified. That meeting is currently scheduled for the Monday before Thanksgiving."
In the most closely watched race, Republican Andy Barr wants a recheck of the vote totals in the 6th Congressional District. Democratic Congressman Ben Chandler declared victory on election night, but the margin of victory was only 649 votes. More than 239,000 votes were cast in the district, which covers 16 central Kentucky counties.