Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue May 19, 2009
Rates rise for Dawson Springs water
By Casey Northcutt
Dawson Springs, KY – City water and sewer rates might soon rise for Dawson Springs residents. The city council held a first reading Monday for proposed increases. The council must raise water rates by 25 percent and sewer rates by 10 percent to receive $2.1 million in state funds for new water distribution lines. The increases would take effect July 1.