Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue May 19, 2009
Rates rise for Dawson Springs water
By Casey Northcutt
Dawson Springs, KY – City water and sewer rates might soon rise for Dawson Springs residents. The city council held a first reading Monday for proposed increases. The council must raise water rates by 25 percent and sewer rates by 10 percent to receive $2.1 million in state funds for new water distribution lines. The increases would take effect July 1.