Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu December 4, 2008
Rate Hike Put on Hold
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – An electric rate increase for Madisonville residents has been put on hold. The Madisonville Messenger reports the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission or FERC has suspended a wholesale rate increase from Kentucky Utilities until May first. In response, city council members yesterday rescinded an eight-point-seven percent increase it approved last month. Mayor Will Cox says FERC will oversee negotiations between KU and area cities to determine a fair rate hike. If officials can't reach an agreement by May 1, FERC will schedule a hearing on the issue.