Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed November 17, 2010
Random Post-Election Audits
By Rebecca Feldhaus/Tony McVeigh
Union County, KY – The Attorney General's office chose six Kentucky counties including Union for post-election audits. Director of special prosecutions Todd Lewis says an investigator will travel to each county to look for any Election Day discrepancies.
"The statute speaks to insuring the integrity of the election process. Our jurisdiction as an agency generally extends to criminal violations of election statutes, but if we were to uncover technical violations - a problem with the voting machine, that sort of thing - we would refer those all to the appropriate agency - state board of elections, local board of elections, the county clerk."
Lewis says similar audits after the May primary revealed problems in one county. Because the investigation is ongoing, he can't reveal which county. The six counties audited this time will be exempt from audits in the next election.