Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon August 30, 2010
Rand Paul's Revised Deficit Plan
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul has backtracked on his plan to eliminate the U.S. federal deficit budget within a year. The Louisville Courier-Journal reports that Paul has provided new options for erasing the federal budget deficit in five years. He'll introduce this new plan to the public if he defeats his opponent, state Attorney General Jack Conway. Paul emphasizes the importance of evaluating everything in the budget and determining if it is subject to downsizing, elimination, or privatization including significant budget cuts in Kentucky agriculture.