Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon August 30, 2010
Rand Paul's Revised Deficit Plan
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul has backtracked on his plan to eliminate the U.S. federal deficit budget within a year. The Louisville Courier-Journal reports that Paul has provided new options for erasing the federal budget deficit in five years. He'll introduce this new plan to the public if he defeats his opponent, state Attorney General Jack Conway. Paul emphasizes the importance of evaluating everything in the budget and determining if it is subject to downsizing, elimination, or privatization including significant budget cuts in Kentucky agriculture.