Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon August 30, 2010
Rand Paul's Revised Deficit Plan
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul has backtracked on his plan to eliminate the U.S. federal deficit budget within a year. The Louisville Courier-Journal reports that Paul has provided new options for erasing the federal budget deficit in five years. He'll introduce this new plan to the public if he defeats his opponent, state Attorney General Jack Conway. Paul emphasizes the importance of evaluating everything in the budget and determining if it is subject to downsizing, elimination, or privatization including significant budget cuts in Kentucky agriculture.