Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 30, 2010
Rand Paul's Revised Deficit Plan
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – Republican Senate candidate Rand Paul has backtracked on his plan to eliminate the U.S. federal deficit budget within a year. The Louisville Courier-Journal reports that Paul has provided new options for erasing the federal budget deficit in five years. He'll introduce this new plan to the public if he defeats his opponent, state Attorney General Jack Conway. Paul emphasizes the importance of evaluating everything in the budget and determining if it is subject to downsizing, elimination, or privatization including significant budget cuts in Kentucky agriculture.