Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed September 23, 2009
Rand Paul's Online Blitz
Lexington, KY – Republican Rand Paul is planning a Wednesday cyberspace fundraiser for his U.S. Senate race. Paul campaign manager David Adams says the online fundraiser will be similar to one that paid off handsomely last month.
The internet fundraiser is in response to his primary opponent's more traditional event in Washington tomorrow. Trey Grayson's event at the National Republican Senatorial Committee headquarters is hosted by 23 GOP senators, including Kentucky's Mitch McConnell.
Paul has raised more than $844,000 for the race so far. More than $700,000 of that has been contributed to the campaign since July 1. And more than $400,000 came in a single day from his last online fundraiser.