Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed October 13, 2010
Rand Paul Would 'Get Rid' of Income Taxes, IRS
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul says he would support changing the federal tax code to "get rid" of the Internal Revenue Service and the federal income tax.
Paul says the federal tax code is "a disaster" and that he wants to replace the income tax with a retail sales tax. It's a proposal that's being championed by the Texas-based advocacy group Americans for Fair Taxation and a newly formed affiliate, FairTax America Support Team. Paul's former campaign manager, David Adams, is a member of the affiliate's governing board.
Paul faces Democrat Jack Conway in one of the most closely watched races in the nation.