Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed October 13, 2010
Rand Paul Would 'Get Rid' of Income Taxes, IRS
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul says he would support changing the federal tax code to "get rid" of the Internal Revenue Service and the federal income tax.
Paul says the federal tax code is "a disaster" and that he wants to replace the income tax with a retail sales tax. It's a proposal that's being championed by the Texas-based advocacy group Americans for Fair Taxation and a newly formed affiliate, FairTax America Support Team. Paul's former campaign manager, David Adams, is a member of the affiliate's governing board.
Paul faces Democrat Jack Conway in one of the most closely watched races in the nation.