Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed October 13, 2010
Rand Paul Would 'Get Rid' of Income Taxes, IRS
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul says he would support changing the federal tax code to "get rid" of the Internal Revenue Service and the federal income tax.
Paul says the federal tax code is "a disaster" and that he wants to replace the income tax with a retail sales tax. It's a proposal that's being championed by the Texas-based advocacy group Americans for Fair Taxation and a newly formed affiliate, FairTax America Support Team. Paul's former campaign manager, David Adams, is a member of the affiliate's governing board.
Paul faces Democrat Jack Conway in one of the most closely watched races in the nation.