Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon October 4, 2010
Rand Paul wants term limits
By Tony McVeigh
Kentucky – Republican U.S. Senate nominee Rand Paul wants term limits for the heads of federal regulatory agencies. Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh has more on Paul's comment to the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
Rand Paul says federal agencies, like the Environmental Protection Agency, have too much power. He says the EPA is an "out of control bureaucracy that needs to be restrained."
"The bureaucracies have grown so large that they are controlling and running government. In fact, I've been thinking recently, I'm for term limits for politicians. Maybe we should have term limits for the heads of regulatory agencies as well."
Also during the question and answer session to be posted on the Internet, Paul spoke out against tariffs on foreign goods, but says the U.S. should quit sending foreign aid to countries that subsidize industry. Paul says the electricity grid that crosses Kentucky makes it an ideal state for nuclear power plants. Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Jack Conway has been invited to make a similar appearance before the chamber, but as yet has not accepted.