Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
KY GOP Reorganization
Tue February 28, 2012
Rand Paul Seeking Grassroots Support for KY Republican Party Reorganization
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul is encouraging his supporters to get involved in the reorganization of the state Republican Party. Paul e-mailed supporters asking them to take part in precinct elections get county delegates to the state convention where the top Republican Party of Kentucky leaders are chosen. RPK holds its reorganization every four years to coincide with presidential elections. There’s no talk in Paul’s letter about taking over the party, but getting supporters elected to local, county and state positions is a tool the senator’s father, U.S. Representative Ron Paul, has used in the past.