Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
KY GOP Reorganization
Tue February 28, 2012
Rand Paul Seeking Grassroots Support for KY Republican Party Reorganization
Kentucky Senator Rand Paul is encouraging his supporters to get involved in the reorganization of the state Republican Party. Paul e-mailed supporters asking them to take part in precinct elections get county delegates to the state convention where the top Republican Party of Kentucky leaders are chosen. RPK holds its reorganization every four years to coincide with presidential elections. There’s no talk in Paul’s letter about taking over the party, but getting supporters elected to local, county and state positions is a tool the senator’s father, U.S. Representative Ron Paul, has used in the past.