Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Fri January 29, 2010
Rand Paul Numbers
Frankfort, KY – Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul reports collecting just over $650,000 in campaign contributions during the final three months of last year. The son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul reported Thursday that he has raised nearly $1.8 million for the entire campaign. The campaign-finance report showed that he had $1.3 million on hand at the end of 2009. University of Kentucky political scientist Stephen Voss calls it an impressive fundraising performance. Paul, a Bowling Green eye surgeon, is among Six Republicans seeking Current Senator Jim Bunning's seat. Bunning is not seeking re-election.