Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri January 29, 2010
Rand Paul Numbers
Frankfort, KY – Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul reports collecting just over $650,000 in campaign contributions during the final three months of last year. The son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul reported Thursday that he has raised nearly $1.8 million for the entire campaign. The campaign-finance report showed that he had $1.3 million on hand at the end of 2009. University of Kentucky political scientist Stephen Voss calls it an impressive fundraising performance. Paul, a Bowling Green eye surgeon, is among Six Republicans seeking Current Senator Jim Bunning's seat. Bunning is not seeking re-election.