Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 29, 2010
Rand Paul Numbers
Frankfort, KY – Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul reports collecting just over $650,000 in campaign contributions during the final three months of last year. The son of former Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul reported Thursday that he has raised nearly $1.8 million for the entire campaign. The campaign-finance report showed that he had $1.3 million on hand at the end of 2009. University of Kentucky political scientist Stephen Voss calls it an impressive fundraising performance. Paul, a Bowling Green eye surgeon, is among Six Republicans seeking Current Senator Jim Bunning's seat. Bunning is not seeking re-election.