Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri November 23, 2012
Rand Paul Considers Run for White House
Kentucky’s junior Republican U.S. senator says he’s interested in running for president in 2016. Rand Paul tells ABC News he’s not going to deny that he’s interested. Paul tells ABC the Republican Party needs to change, but not what he calls the party's core message of encouraging economic growth to generate government revenue. Paul says the Republican Party needs to consider some different ideas that include allowing states to make decisions on the legalization of marijuana and taking a more moderate approach on immigration. Paul says he still favors border security, but would be open to looking at paths to citizenship for people who have been in the country.