Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu October 14, 2010
Rand Paul and GOP leaders speak in Murray
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – As part of a statewide bus tour, U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul stopped in several western Kentucky towns yesterday. Paul and GOP leaders, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and Ed Whitfield, spoke to a large crowd of supporters at Murray State University. Paul says the current Democratic administration is misguided.
"They think with their heart but they don't use their brain. They want everyone to have insurance, so do I. They want to fix pre-existing conditions, so do I. They want to fix portability, so do I. But the things is is, they're going to do it and they're going to create unemployment, they're going to massively bankrupt this country, and they're already doing things to Medicare that we don't want."
Paul spoke of the need to rein in spending to fix social security, and reforms needed to reduce the tax burden on small business. Paul expects the vote to be tight between himself and opponent Democrat Jack Conway. A recent poll shows the Republican slightly ahead in the race.