Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
2012 Tennessee General Assembly
Thu April 5, 2012
Ramsey Chides Chamber of Commerce for Gun Focus
Tennessee Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey is chiding the state’s Chamber of Commerce for focusing on a bill guaranteeing workers the right to store firearms in vehicles parked on company lots. Ramsey told the group Wednesday there are far more important business issues pending in the Legislature, like making it easier to deny unemployment insurance to fired employees. While the Republican acknowledged the guns-in-parking-lots measure involves prickly property rights issues, he says he expects to reach a compromise on the matter. Ramsey also criticized the Chamber's support for expanding pre-kindergarten funding when the state has implemented a series of education changes in recent years, including an end to teachers' collective bargaining rights.