Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon May 4, 2009
Rain closes trails at LBL
By Casey Northcutt
Grand Rivers, KY – Excessive rainfall and rising lake levels have closed trails at Land Between the Lakes. Sections of the biking and hiking trails are impassable due to high lake levels. Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle Area is also closed, and some trails at Wrangler's Campground are impassable. Campgrounds remain open. LBL officials warn visitors to use extreme caution if they encounter water over roads, boat ramps or trails.