Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon December 31, 2012
Racers Winning Basketball Season Comes Back to MSU in Royalties
Murray State’s record-winning 2011-2012 basketball season has prompted a 47 percent increase in revenue from merchandise licensing royalties. Assistant Vice President of Communications Catherine Sivills says the university is on track to hit the $100,000 mark for the first time this year.
“And that’s just the fees. That’s not the amount of merchandise going out of like the bookstore numbers. But those are people who are paying us for that license," said Sivills.
The university also hired a company to estimate the value of Murray State mentions on prime media spots. Sivills says that’s valued at around $46 million for the past season.