Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon December 31, 2012
Racers Winning Basketball Season Comes Back to MSU in Royalties
Murray State’s record-winning 2011-2012 basketball season has prompted a 47 percent increase in revenue from merchandise licensing royalties. Assistant Vice President of Communications Catherine Sivills says the university is on track to hit the $100,000 mark for the first time this year.
“And that’s just the fees. That’s not the amount of merchandise going out of like the bookstore numbers. But those are people who are paying us for that license," said Sivills.
The university also hired a company to estimate the value of Murray State mentions on prime media spots. Sivills says that’s valued at around $46 million for the past season.