Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 18, 2009
'Race for the Top' in Kentucky: improving education in the region (part three)
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – We've been reporting on what new Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday and other leaders see as the next "tidal wave" of Kentucky Education Reform. Holliday has opined that Kentucky's enactment of Senate Bill 1 positions the state well in Race to the Top competition for new federal stimulus dollars. In the third and final report of this series, Kate Lochte speaks with the chief sponsor of Senate Bill 1, Senator Ken Winters of Murray, about what's ahead in education.