Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri December 18, 2009
'Race for the Top' in Kentucky: improving education in the region (part three)
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – We've been reporting on what new Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday and other leaders see as the next "tidal wave" of Kentucky Education Reform. Holliday has opined that Kentucky's enactment of Senate Bill 1 positions the state well in Race to the Top competition for new federal stimulus dollars. In the third and final report of this series, Kate Lochte speaks with the chief sponsor of Senate Bill 1, Senator Ken Winters of Murray, about what's ahead in education.