Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri October 9, 2009
Raccoon hunt loss means $750,000 hit for Western Kentucky
By Jacque Day
Aurora, Ky. – When the Professional Kennel Club pulled the World Championship Raccoon Hunt out of Aurora, Kentucky, it took a substantial source of revenue with it. For the last 16 years, the 10-day October event drew 300 to 500 hunters and a few thousand dogs to the region. The last-minute withdrawal came to a shock to local officials, and has left business owners scrambling. Jacque Day has more.