Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri July 3, 2009
Quinn Talks Budget with Women Lawmakers
Springfield, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says next week he will outline about $1 billion in cuts to state government operations. The state's new fiscal year started Wednesday without a spending plan in place because Quinn and state lawmakers can't agree on how to wipe out an $11.5 billion deficit that the governor says has been trimmed to $9.2 billion. Quinn has not offered details on the cuts he's proposing but says they would be very deep.