Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri July 20, 2012
Quinn Signs Transparency Legislation
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has signed legislation to improve public access to information about government meetings.
The law requires governmental bodies holding an public meeting to post information on the gathering and its agenda on the Internet 48 hours before the event. The governor says the law gives the public better access to information that may impact their lives. The bill will take effect in 2013.