Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri July 20, 2012
Quinn Signs Transparency Legislation
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has signed legislation to improve public access to information about government meetings.
The law requires governmental bodies holding an public meeting to post information on the gathering and its agenda on the Internet 48 hours before the event. The governor says the law gives the public better access to information that may impact their lives. The bill will take effect in 2013.