Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri July 20, 2012
Quinn Signs Transparency Legislation
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has signed legislation to improve public access to information about government meetings.
The law requires governmental bodies holding an public meeting to post information on the gathering and its agenda on the Internet 48 hours before the event. The governor says the law gives the public better access to information that may impact their lives. The bill will take effect in 2013.