Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed August 15, 2012
Quinn Signs Agriculture Laws at State Fair
Governor Pat Quinn signed five new agriculture laws at the Illinois State Fair’s Agriculture Day. As the state's farmers deal with drought conditions, Quinn said it's an important time to support them and the state's agriculture industry. The new legislation protects cattle pastures from wildlife damage and creates the Illinois Nutrient Research and Education Council. Another establishes fees for livestock producers to help the state Environmental Protection Agency administer a federal pollution program for animal feeding operations. Quinn also approved a new law requiring certain vehicles to display a slow-moving vehicle emblem before traveling on Illinois roadways.