Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu October 22, 2009
Quinn Set to Run in 2010
By Angela Hatton
Springfield, IL – Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says he will run for a full term as governor in 2010. Quinn took over when Governor Rod Blagojevich was impeached and ousted. At a press conference today in Springfield, Quinn trumpeted victories on ethics but didn't mention his failed proposal to increase taxes in remarks to supporters. Quinn faces Comptroller Dan Hynes and Oak Park lawyer Ed Scanlan in February's Democratic primary.