Most Active Stories
- Strong Winter Storm Bringing Significant Snow and Ice Accumulations
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Mon April 15, 2013
Quinn Says Filing Last-Minute Taxes is OK
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn says there's nothing wrong with waiting until the last minute to file tax returns.
Quinn says in the past he has even been guilty of coming right up against the deadline. Today is the final day to file 2012 tax returns. Quinn says paying taxes isn’t fun, but it's the price of living in a democracy.
Quinn has released his tax returns in years past and said yesterday he plans to do so again soon. He urges people to support the Illinois Military Family Relief Fund. Taxpayers can make donations through a voluntary check off on Illinois income tax forms. The fund began in 2003 when Quinn was lieutenant governor and has helped approximately 27,000 families.