Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 5, 2012
Quinn says "Don't Hold Your Breath" on Gambling Expansion
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says those hoping he’ll approve a major gambling expansion for the state shouldn’t “hold their breath”.
The Democratic governor says the bill, which would create five new casinos, is “full of loopholes” when it comes to gambling that wouldn’t be good for Illinois. He didn’t elaborate, but Quinn’s comments aren’t surprising. The Legislature adopted a similar measure last year but never sent it to Quinn because he said he’d veto it.