Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Tue June 5, 2012
Quinn says "Don't Hold Your Breath" on Gambling Expansion
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says those hoping he’ll approve a major gambling expansion for the state shouldn’t “hold their breath”.
The Democratic governor says the bill, which would create five new casinos, is “full of loopholes” when it comes to gambling that wouldn’t be good for Illinois. He didn’t elaborate, but Quinn’s comments aren’t surprising. The Legislature adopted a similar measure last year but never sent it to Quinn because he said he’d veto it.