Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon September 2, 2013
Quinn Keeps Pushing To Raise IL Minimum Wage
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn is again making a push for raising his state’s minimum wage. The Chicago Democrat has been ramping up his 2014 re-election bid. Yesterday, he told members of a Chicago church that helping those who live in poverty is a biblical principle. Illinois last raised the minimum wage in 2010. The state's minimum wage is $8-25 and Quinn wants to bring it $10 an hour.
He's been trying to revive the issue this year. He spoke about it during his State of the State address in February. However, a measure sponsored by state Sen. Kim Lightford didn't make it out of a committee. Illinois Republicans say raising the minimum wage kills jobs.