Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue June 25, 2013
Quinn: IL Concealed Carry Bill Getting Close Review
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn says he'll decide on a concealed carry bill in a "very reasonable period of time" as the state faces a court-mandated deadline next month. Lawmakers have sent the Chicago Democrat a bill that outlines rules for who can carry. Illinois has the nation's last ban on concealed weapons in public.
But a federal appeals court ruled it unconstitutional. Lawmakers have until July 9 to comply. Twenty-three Senate Democrats sent Quinn a letter last week urging him to make his intentions known soon. They're worried they won't have enough time to figure out next steps if he vetoes the bill. Quinn told reporters last week that it's a very complex and long bill and he wants a thorough review. Several counties are refusing to uphold the state's ban.