Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Wed September 11, 2013
Quinn Halts Funding For Future IL Capitol Renovation
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has suspended funding for future renovations at the Capitol, a pricey project that's already caused embarrassment for financially-shaky Illinois and raised questions about how it was allowed. The Chicago Democrat told reporters yesterday that he's instructed his budget director to hold up appropriations for renovations that are yet to be done.
Sparking the outrage has been copper-plated wooden doors costing nearly $670,000 and more than $323,000 for chandeliers. Quinn blamed Capitol architect J. Richard Alsop and says he needs to be "reigned in" by the commission he reports to.