Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed September 11, 2013
Quinn Halts Funding For Future IL Capitol Renovation
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn has suspended funding for future renovations at the Capitol, a pricey project that's already caused embarrassment for financially-shaky Illinois and raised questions about how it was allowed. The Chicago Democrat told reporters yesterday that he's instructed his budget director to hold up appropriations for renovations that are yet to be done.
Sparking the outrage has been copper-plated wooden doors costing nearly $670,000 and more than $323,000 for chandeliers. Quinn blamed Capitol architect J. Richard Alsop and says he needs to be "reigned in" by the commission he reports to.