Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed January 29, 2014
Quinn To Give IL State Of The State Today
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn is set to address state lawmakers and statewide office holders when he gives his State of the State speech at noon today, but political experts say his most critical audience is voters.
It's his second time giving one during an election year, and all of the candidates running for governor are expected to listen in person.
David Yepsen, director of the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute at Southern Illinois University, says Quinn will have a difficult re-election, that his job approval ratings are low and that he needs to say something to help his bid.
Quinn is expected to talk about raising the minimum wage, expanding a water project and possibly a new capital construction program.