Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Mon July 1, 2013
Quinn: Concealed Carry Decision is 'Imminent'
Gov. Pat Quinn says a decision is “imminent” on whether he’ll sign a concealed carry bill.
Illinois faces a July 9 deadline to legalize carry of weapons after a federal appeals court found Illinois' ban unconstitutional. Quinn has given few hints about what he'll do.
Quinn could veto the measure which outlines who can carry.
Quinn declined to give details Monday after signing a school safety bill.
Experts argue about what happens if Illinois doesn't have laws in place by the deadline. Gun rights advocates say it would mean any gun could be carried anywhere. Others say it would allow local municipalities to adopt carry laws.