Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue February 2, 2010
Quinn Appoints Port Board
By Chris Taylor
Springfield, IL – Six of seven members have been appointed so far to the newly created Massac-Metropolis Port Authority. Illinois Governor Pat Quinn last week appointed Larry Douglas, Richard Kruger, and Randall Rushing to the board, which is charged with overseeing the port's development. They join Scott Garrett, Julie Johnson, and Kristy Stephenson, who were earlier appointed by the mayors of Brookport, Joppa, and Metropolis. The river port is expected to bring an economic boost to southern Illinois, bringing in several hundred jobs and increasing exports of coal.