Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue February 2, 2010
Quinn Appoints Port Board
By Chris Taylor
Springfield, IL – Six of seven members have been appointed so far to the newly created Massac-Metropolis Port Authority. Illinois Governor Pat Quinn last week appointed Larry Douglas, Richard Kruger, and Randall Rushing to the board, which is charged with overseeing the port's development. They join Scott Garrett, Julie Johnson, and Kristy Stephenson, who were earlier appointed by the mayors of Brookport, Joppa, and Metropolis. The river port is expected to bring an economic boost to southern Illinois, bringing in several hundred jobs and increasing exports of coal.