Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon July 2, 2012
Quinn on Alleged Disabled Abuse Report
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn says he was disturbed by media reports of dozens of cases of alleged abuse against disabled people uninvestigated by the Illinois Department of Human Services.
The agency announced Friday it is "re-evaluating the role" of its Office of the Inspector General following a report by the Belleville News-Democrat. The newspaper reported that since 2003, the inspector general failed to investigate 53 cases called into the agency's hotline. Callers reported cases of disabled adults abused or neglected by caregivers who later died. Governor Quinn says some cases could be reopened.