Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 11, 2013
Purchase Area Regional Industrial Park Committee Decides to Stop Infrastructure Projects
An advisory committee for the Purchase Area Regional Industrial Park has tabled discussion of more infrastructure projects until they find a tenant to curb possible extraneous spending.
Park Chairman Tony Goodman said last week’s decision is wise financially because the park officials don’t know the future tenant’s specific needs.
“I’d hate to build something or have something designed that’s totally wrong and we’ve spent three hundred or four hundred thousand dollars," Goodman said.
He added the committee did decide to keep up with the environmental studies required to keep the park industry ready.
“Wetlands would be one. Endangered species would be another one. We’ve got everything caught up. And when the project does come in that’s when we connect the dots with out infrastructure," he said. "We’ve got an idea what it’s going to cost, the total project, but you know we’d hate to overbuild or underbuild.”
Goodman said the park’s board won’t make any more investment into projects like natural gas lines or electric service until a business shows serious interest. He said several groups have looked at the sight but none has shown significant interest.