Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon June 11, 2007
By Robert Valentine
Murray, KY – A new pet will often bring joy and happiness to a home. That is, until they start clawing the furniture, wetting the carpet, knocking over priceless antiques or terrorizing the neighbor's children. Many of us can relate to the often frustrating yet endearing occurrences that come with a pet. Robert Valentine can. He's spending his summer with one.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Valentine's commentary on his new pet, Punkin. Robert Valentine is a professional speaker, storyteller, and senior lecturer at Murray State University in the Department of Journalism and Mass Communications.
Read the text for this commentary here.