Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Polls: Republicans Lead All of Kentucky's Statewide Races; Paul Tops GOP Presidential Hopefuls
- Convoy Tours Controversial Areas at Land Between the Lakes
Mon June 11, 2007
By Robert Valentine
Murray, KY – A new pet will often bring joy and happiness to a home. That is, until they start clawing the furniture, wetting the carpet, knocking over priceless antiques or terrorizing the neighbor's children. Many of us can relate to the often frustrating yet endearing occurrences that come with a pet. Robert Valentine can. He's spending his summer with one.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Valentine's commentary on his new pet, Punkin. Robert Valentine is a professional speaker, storyteller, and senior lecturer at Murray State University in the Department of Journalism and Mass Communications.
Read the text for this commentary here.