Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue June 11, 2013
Public Meeting Set for Discussion of Smithland Bridge
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has scheduled a public meeting for discussion of a study of the U.S. 60 Cumberland River Bridge at Smithland in Livingston County.
The meeting is Thursday, June 20 at the UK Agriculture Extension Office in Smithland.
KYTC District 1 Chief Engineer Jim LeFevre said the purpose of the meeting is to introduce a planning study concerning the feasibility of repairing or replacing the Smithland bridge and to solicit thoughts, concerns and opinions from the public on the future of the bridge.
The U.S. 60 Cumberland River bridge at Smithland, also known as the Lucy Jefferson Lewis Memorial Bridge and the Smithland Bridge, was opened to traffic in 1931. About 5,500 vehicles cross the bridge daily. The bridge is a critical link for Livingston County which is divided by the Cumberland River.
U.S. 60 is also a major transportation link for neighboring counties.
Roads & Highways