Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri November 6, 2009
PSO Artistic Director Candidate, Janna Hymes conducts Viva Italia at Carson Center
By Kate Lochte
Paducah, KY – Janna Hymes is currently Music Director of two ensembles: Maine Pro Musica and the Williamsburg Symphonia. She's a finalist in the Paducah Symphony Orchestra's Artistic Director Search and conduct the orchestra in its concert at the Carson Center tomorrow night. The New York City native and Fulbright Scholar has studied with Leonard Bernstein, Gunther Schuller and other luminaries and has established a national and international reputation for her laid-back but effective approach at the podium. Kate Lochte speaks with Janna Hymes about her take on tomorrow night's program.
Paducah Symphony Orchestra Artistic Director Search finalist Janna Hymes set aside her cello and picked up the baton to get her high school orchestra's practice underway when a teacher was late in arriving at the podium. She knew at once that conducting would be her life. The Paducah Symphony Orchestra previews her conducting presence in Viva Italia, its concert tomorrow night at the Carson Center. Get tickets at 270-444-0065.