Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 16, 2009
PSC Says Power Outages Down
By Chad Lampe
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Public Service Commission officials say there are fewer than 7,000 customers without power since ice and wind storms pounded the state. P-S-C spokesman Andrew Melnykovych says about 36-hundred of that number lost power last week when 62 mile per hour gusts struck last week. Melnykovych says about 25-hundred customers remain without power from the January 27 ice storm, down from more than 700,000 power outages at the peak of the storm.