Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon February 16, 2009
PSC Says Power Outages Down
By Chad Lampe
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Public Service Commission officials say there are fewer than 7,000 customers without power since ice and wind storms pounded the state. P-S-C spokesman Andrew Melnykovych says about 36-hundred of that number lost power last week when 62 mile per hour gusts struck last week. Melnykovych says about 25-hundred customers remain without power from the January 27 ice storm, down from more than 700,000 power outages at the peak of the storm.