Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 5, 2009
PSC to Hold Public Meetings on Proposed Rate Hike
Frankfort, KY – The Kentucky Public Service Commission will hold hearings for residents in Middlesboro and Clinton to weigh in on a proposed water rate hike. PSC Chairman David Armstrong says the PSC will use the public comments in considering a request from Water Service Corporation of Kentucky to raise its rates.
The meetings are scheduled for next Wednesday night in Middlesboro and next Thursday night in Clinton. The PSC says about 8,000 Water Service Corporation customers live in Hickman and Bell Counties. The company has proposed an approximately 51 percent rate increase. More information is available on the PSC Web site at www.psc.ky.gov.