Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Paducah School of Art and Design
Mon December 2, 2013
PSAD Begins Final Phase of Expansion
The Paducah School of Art and Design is launching a two million dollar capital campaign for the third and final phase of the campus expansion in Lower Town.
The end goal is to raise an estimated eight million dollars to renovate the Kitchen's Inc. building on Harrison Street, adding twenty-nine thousand feet for expanded classes.
Paducah School of Art and Design dean Paul Aho hopes the added space and opportunities will triple Associate of Fine Art majors to 100 by 2017, when he expects the new location will open.
"That's part of the goal, the sustainability of Lower Town. So there's some loss in not being downtown, because the convenience of restaurants and this and that," Aho said. "But again, ultimately I would expect that we would see coffee shops and cafes springing up around the art school."
Construction is expect to start this Spring. The downtown location on Broadway will close when the three building campus in Lower Town is complete.