Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Paducah School of Art and Design
Mon December 2, 2013
PSAD Begins Final Phase of Expansion
The Paducah School of Art and Design is launching a two million dollar capital campaign for the third and final phase of the campus expansion in Lower Town.
The end goal is to raise an estimated eight million dollars to renovate the Kitchen's Inc. building on Harrison Street, adding twenty-nine thousand feet for expanded classes.
Paducah School of Art and Design dean Paul Aho hopes the added space and opportunities will triple Associate of Fine Art majors to 100 by 2017, when he expects the new location will open.
"That's part of the goal, the sustainability of Lower Town. So there's some loss in not being downtown, because the convenience of restaurants and this and that," Aho said. "But again, ultimately I would expect that we would see coffee shops and cafes springing up around the art school."
Construction is expect to start this Spring. The downtown location on Broadway will close when the three building campus in Lower Town is complete.