Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue April 7, 2009
Providence Man Dies Removing Debris
By Carrie Pond
Providence, KY – A Caldwell County worker removing ice storm debris was killed when the lift he was standing in came into contact with a power line. Providence Assistant Police Chief Brent McDowell says Raymond Morris was aloft in a scissors truck when the incident occurred about Friday afternoon. Morris was transported to Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Hopkins County Coroner Dennis Mayfield says it appears the 38-year-old died from electrocution. Morris, of Providence, worked for Ware Trucking. The death was the 37th that Kentucky officials say can be connected to the January ice storm.