Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu August 22, 2013
Protection Grants Provide Gear To KY Agencies
Law enforcement in Oak Grove is receiving $19,000 dollars for body armor and stun devices. The money comes from a grant The Kentucky Office of Homeland Security. Homeland Security receives income from sales of confiscated weapons. Funds are then provided to buy body armor, weapons, ammunition and stun devices.
More than $143,000 has been awarded to 17 law enforcement agencies in Kentucky for protective gear. Oak Grove received the largest sum by far, and is the only town in western Kentucky to receive a grant.