Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Thu August 22, 2013
Protection Grants Provide Gear To KY Agencies
Law enforcement in Oak Grove is receiving $19,000 dollars for body armor and stun devices. The money comes from a grant The Kentucky Office of Homeland Security. Homeland Security receives income from sales of confiscated weapons. Funds are then provided to buy body armor, weapons, ammunition and stun devices.
More than $143,000 has been awarded to 17 law enforcement agencies in Kentucky for protective gear. Oak Grove received the largest sum by far, and is the only town in western Kentucky to receive a grant.