Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri February 1, 2013
Prospective Plant May Offset Unemployment Figures
The Commonwealth's town with the highest unemployment might see some job growth in the near future.
MVP International officials say they are considering opening a plant in Fulton which could employ up to 150 people. MVP makes scented candles and currently employs 126 people in its Mayfield plant. The state approved $2 million in tax incentives yesterday for the plant to be paid over 15 years should MVP choose to construct the facility. The Fulton area has experienced a number of plant closures in the past two years including the the Ferry-Morse Seed Company plant last May.