Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri February 1, 2013
Prospective Plant May Offset Unemployment Figures
The Commonwealth's town with the highest unemployment might see some job growth in the near future.
MVP International officials say they are considering opening a plant in Fulton which could employ up to 150 people. MVP makes scented candles and currently employs 126 people in its Mayfield plant. The state approved $2 million in tax incentives yesterday for the plant to be paid over 15 years should MVP choose to construct the facility. The Fulton area has experienced a number of plant closures in the past two years including the the Ferry-Morse Seed Company plant last May.