Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon March 23, 2009
Project ICE will create temporary jobs
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – State Funding for the West Kentucky Workforce Investment Board will create temporary jobs for the unemployed. The grant, dubbed "Project ICE," will fund a limited number of employment opportunities to assist local government and non-profit agencies in continued cleanup efforts throughout the region. Individuals wishing to apply for the temporary positions must be current dislocated workers or have been unemployed for the past 26 weeks. Job applications and instructions are available at local Career Centers, Area Development District branches, or County Judge/Executive offices. The positions will be available through June 30.