Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 23, 2009
Project ICE will create temporary jobs
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – State Funding for the West Kentucky Workforce Investment Board will create temporary jobs for the unemployed. The grant, dubbed "Project ICE," will fund a limited number of employment opportunities to assist local government and non-profit agencies in continued cleanup efforts throughout the region. Individuals wishing to apply for the temporary positions must be current dislocated workers or have been unemployed for the past 26 weeks. Job applications and instructions are available at local Career Centers, Area Development District branches, or County Judge/Executive offices. The positions will be available through June 30.