Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Mon August 13, 2012
Progressives Mount Counter-Protest for Tea Party Rally
Progressives are preparing a counter-protest to an upcoming Tea Party rally in Frankfort. Many Kentucky Tea Party chapters will join together in Frankfort next Tuesday to protest the Affordable Care Act. U.S. Senators Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul are headlining the event.But those who support the healthcare law are planning to show up as well. A Facebook group suggests up to 40 people could turn out in protest of the Tea Party event. No state progressive groups have joined in at this point, though several attendees are members of Kentuckians for the Commonwealth. Rally organizers have yet to respond to a request to comment.