Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 7, 2009
Progress for Paducah Soccer Complex
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – 185 acres near I-24 on Sheehan Bridge Road may be the future site of a proposed soccer complex in Paducah. City commissioners agreed last night to have the plot appraised to determine if it's worth the asking price of just over $1 million. Parks Services Director Mark Thompson told commissioners a master plan for the site could be developed for about $50,000. Mayor Bill Paxton hopes the city and county will make the development of a soccer complex a joint-effort. However, the county's fiscal court was last deadlocked in a 2-2 vote on supporting the Sheehan Bridge Road site.