Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 7, 2009
Progress for Paducah Soccer Complex
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – 185 acres near I-24 on Sheehan Bridge Road may be the future site of a proposed soccer complex in Paducah. City commissioners agreed last night to have the plot appraised to determine if it's worth the asking price of just over $1 million. Parks Services Director Mark Thompson told commissioners a master plan for the site could be developed for about $50,000. Mayor Bill Paxton hopes the city and county will make the development of a soccer complex a joint-effort. However, the county's fiscal court was last deadlocked in a 2-2 vote on supporting the Sheehan Bridge Road site.